Monday, June 14, 2010

All I want are simple things

Effing Dykes needs to update.

Like now.

Luckily, I think that will happen today, probably because Krista, the blog's writer, knew I was going to bitch about it in this blog.

Okay maybe not.  Anyway, something else I want is to see if the either of the hippie deodorant/antiperspirants I bought today work.  Arrid XX, or whatever horrendously spelled deodorant I've been using for the past, oh, ever, isn't really cutting it anymore and as a Vermonter moving to San Francisco, I feel it is my duty to start wearing deo that is vegan.  In case I need to eat it.

There's no aluminum in either of these, which is what causes cancer and demonic possession and probably some other stuff.  We'll see how it goes.  I know you all want to hear about my sweat so I'll post reviews.

In other news, I decided to give away almost all of the stuff I want to get rid of instead of trying to sell it.  I know we're in a capitalist society or whatever, but it's like saying, oh, I bought this soda and I drank half of it, so I'll sell you the rest for half price.  I've used this stuff, hopefully gotten my money's worth, and I might as well give it all to Goodwill so they can use the money for good, instead of for beer, which is what I'd have used it for.

The exceptions are my bass, which I sold today (I'm throwing in a practice amp and my Oxygen 8 MIDI keyboard) for $100 and a batch of cookies.  I'm bringing it all to a guy in Manchester this Saturday on my way down to Tanglewood.  It's a ridiculously low price for what he's getting (I'm including the gig bag, a cord, and a stand too), but I don't want to be greedy.  I want to get my unnecessary stuff to people who will enjoy it.  I'm also trying to sell a "recording pak" that I bought mostly for the microphone, but I'm selling it at 1/3 of its value and I might just end up giving it away too.

I don't need stuff.  I need...love.  Free stuff = love!

No comments:

Post a Comment