DOWNTOWN
Well, not first. First Tess and I wandered around Golden Gate Park for an hour or so. We climbed a cute little hill and saw the scariest dog ever. It was tiny and its face was just...inexplicable. We also saw a dog that looked like a cross between a Dachsund and a Yorkie. It was cute, if you find furry snakes cute. It was chasing geese.
Golden Gate Park is just like Hyde Park, which makes me happy. The ornate gates, the busy streets all around it...too bad there's no dude on a horse statue at the end of our street.
After that we took the N Judah to Powell Street so Tess could return some boots at Ross and then go to a job interview. The area reminded me a lot of the touristy parts of Berlin. Tess' interview took about half a second, so we went to lunch in the food court of a giant scary mall. We had pizza at a place where the soundtrack was all ridiculous music like "What If God Was One Of Us". Then we walked all the way down to the Civic Center (where accidentally stopped to take a rock out of my shoe directly behind someone reading to a crowd from the Koran...oops) to find Buffy comics. The store we went to didn't have them, so Tess went to practice while I continued down Market to another comic store.
On my way there I pushed a homeless man in his wheelchair up a hill. Karma forever, sorted. Actually that's something my dad would say, which I'm pretty sure makes him a terrible Buddhist. I got my comics at a great shop called Al's and then walked back to the MUNI and went home.
Approximate distance walked: 4 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment